Communicating via e-mail is something we all do. But how well we do it is questionable.
How often have your emails landed directly in your recipients’ “spam” folder without even making it past the front door? And if you are lucky enough to make it through, are you “trashed” without so much as a second glance? Do you even know what happens to your mails after you hit send?
The all-important concepts here are content and communities. We believe that if you do not have something truly interesting to communicate, rather don’t communicate it at all. You’ll just succeed in irritating your recipient, which could potentially result in irreparable damage to your brand. You should be more concerned with building a community with which you communicate new and interesting content to do with your brand.
If you do have useful and interesting content, then you need to make sure that you compile it in such a way that it reads well, looks good and gets past the spam folder. It also needs to encourage further action by way of click-throughs to your website, blog and whatever other social media platforms you are utilising. Finally, you need to analyse your mail campaigns in order to assess whether or not they were successful. Doing so will help you refine your M.O. for your future campaigns.
We’re here to help you:
- Draft the content for your communications
- Design the layout (in needs to be visually pleasing and in line with your brand)
- Manage your databases
- Upload the newsletter via a specific platform such as Everlytic – One of its many benefits is the ability to assess an email’s spam score, thereby ensuring that it gets to your recipient as intended.
- Distribute your mail in one go on your behalf without drawing on your server capacity and bandwidth.
- Analyse the results for you – Whose mail address is no longer valid? Who unsubscribed? Why? Who clicked through to which link? Who forwarded the mail?
- Draw meaningful conclusions as to what content works best, when the best time to distribute your mail is, and what encourages maximum click-throughs.
- Refine your database to exclude those people who do not want to hear from you. Your database is an asset to your business, treat it well.
Although it is a topic no one wants to talk about the many legal ramifications around e-mail marketing are important. By law you are required to give your recipients the option of unsubscribing. South Africa has moved in line with European standards, where spammers are not tolerated. Any mail that is not specifically permission-based is regarded as spam.
We know your natural instinct may be to filter out this kind of boring legalese, but it is imperative that you consider the legal aspects of email marketing when using this medium to communicate with.
We are here to help you with these legal issues so that you can focus on the more important side of your business.