We find ourselves continually amazed by the number of professionals we encounter who have never embarked on that all important first step of any business endeavour, the marketing strategy. We can provide you with a rejuvenation of your current strategy or if you simply need us to brain storm with you in order to build a new one we are always available.
First things first – A marketing strategy seeks to understand:
- The nature of the industry in which the business will operate.
- The nature of competitors and the competitiveness of the industry at large.
- Core strengths that need to be exploited, as well as weaknesses which need to be addressed (or adapted around).
- Potential environmental and uncontrollable factors which could influence or affect the business.
- A precise definition of the “4 P’s” …. The Product, Price, Place and Promotion. What are you selling? What is your pricing strategy? Where are you selling and how are you delivering? How are you communicating?
- Specific and measurable objectives and goals of the business.
- A detailed plan of action which mobilises each member of the business and provides a framework of action.
- A detailed plan of how performance will be measured and analysed.
Once you understand these points you have paved a clear road to building a successful brand.